The Two Most Important Things To Consider When Shopping For Engagement Rings
There are two main things to look for when buying an engagement ring: the main diamond and the setting. In this section, we will elaborate on how to shop for an engagement ring and some things to consider. When working with Diamond Exchange Houston we will be here to help guide you through the entire process. We will educate you on the different aspects to look for when shopping for the perfect ring.
- The Center Diamond: The center diamond is the main stone in the engagement ring. This, in our opinion, is the most important part when buying an engagement ring. Often, it is also the most expensive part. The center diamond can come in all shapes and sizes. Diamonds are evaluated by the 4 C’s which are color, carat, cut, and clarity. When selecting the main diamond the experts at Diamond Exchange Houston will help you understand the different aspects to each diamond. You will be able to compare different loose diamonds side by side and look at the stones with a loupe (magnifying glass). Typically one diamond will stand out to you and that will be the special one for you to adore! Below are the shapes of diamonds to choose from for your engagement ring:
- The Setting: The setting is the actual ring itself that holds the center diamond in place. There are literally thousands of styles of engagement ring settings available. Settings can be very simple like a solitaire setting or they can be very extravagant and contain multiple layers and different types of stones. Diamond Exchange Houston has hundreds of styles available for you to consider. We also specialize in custom engagement rings. If there is a particular engagement ring style that you would need to be made from scratch then we can handle your requests. Our customers will often have an idea of what they want their engagement rings to look like before they contact us. Some customers bring in pictures that they have seen online on websites like Pinterest. Other people are brand new to shopping for wedding rings and are open to our suggestions. Trust the experts at Diamond Exchange Houston to make this process as enjoyable as possible and to help you get the perfect ring!
Diamond Exchange Houston is a wholesale diamond dealer that is open to the public and we are not set up like traditional jewelry stores. The best way to shop for an engagement ring with us is to fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment or call us today at 281-623-1105 .
Wholesale Engagement Rings in Houston, TX
Diamond Exchange Houston is not a normal retail jewelry store. We are wholesale diamond dealers that offer diamonds and jewelry directly to the public. That means when you shop with us you will not be paying crazy markups on your diamonds and jewelry. We offer wholesale engagement rings in Houston as well as wedding bands where you can get larger diamonds and higher quality for better prices!
At normal retail jewelry stores, you are going to have to pay higher prices for diamond rings because of their overhead due to their fancy jewelry display setups, staff salaries, and high-cost marketing budget. At Diamond Exchange Houston you will be able to avoid the high markups because you will be going through a wholesale diamond jeweler. Our goal is always to get you the biggest and nicest diamonds and engagement rings for your particular budget! Retail jewelry stores prices simply cannot compare. We will even be able to beat the prices and quality that you find from different online vendors.
Types Of Engagement Rings Offered At Diamond Exchange Houston:
When it comes to shopping for engagement rings there are many different styles to choose from. Setting can be very simple or they can be extremely elaborate. In this section, we will educate you on most of the wedding ring styles that we have available to choose from:
- Solitaire Engagement Ring: A solitaire setting is just a thin piece of metal without diamonds that encompasses a prong to hold the center diamond. A solitaire allows the focus to be on the main diamond of the engagement ring. They also look really good once you add a diamond wedding band alongside it.
- Halo Engagement Ring: A halo setting is where there are small diamonds around the circumference of the main stone. The halo setting can make the center diamond look bigger because of the extra layer of diamonds.
- Three Stone Engagement Ring: A three-stone setting has smaller diamonds on each side of the main stone. The side diamonds can be the same shape as the center diamond or different (Ex: Round diamond with pairs on each side).
- Split Shank Engagement Ring: A split shank setting is where the metal on the shank splits to meet at the top of the main diamond. Split shanks can give the illusion of having two bands.
- Double Halo Engagement Ring: The double halo is similar to the halo, however, there is two rows of diamonds around the main stone. The double halo can easily provide a lot bigger look to the engagement ring.
- Channel Set Engagement Ring: In a channel set engagement ring there is metal on each side of the diamonds in the setting. Channel set diamonds are held in the mounting very securely and rarely lost.
- Bezel Set Engagement Ring: In a bezel setting there is metal around the main center diamond. This type of setting hold the center diamond in extremely securely, however, it can detract from the diamonds brilliance.
- Pave Set Engagement Ring: Pave settings are where the diamonds in the mounting are held in by beads of metal. This gives the diamonds maximum light dispersion, however, it is not as secure as the channel set.
- Custom Engagement Ring: You can also elect for a completely custom engagement ring. This is where the ring will first be drawn on a computer (CAD), then made into a wax form, then cast into the metal of your choice. Diamond Exchange Houston is experts at making custom engagement rings.
This list should give you a good idea of the types of engagement ring settings that we offer at Diamond Exchange Houston. If you are unsure still of what type of style you want you are more than welcome to come in and try on rings to compare them first hand.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you are ready to take the plunge and start shopping for engagement rings and wedding rings then contact Diamond Exchange Houston today. Our goal is always to get our customers the biggest and nicest diamonds for their budget. Please fill out our contact form or call us today at 281-623-1105.